The Cold Water Deaeration (CWD) deaerates water down to a residual oxygen concentration below 50 ppb. At the same time the water is saturated with 2 g/l CO2. Optionally it can be cooled down, filtered or sterilized with ultraviolet light. The function of the unit can be monitored and documented by an in-line oxygen analyzer at the outlet of the unit.
The process is employed in the brewing, beverage, food and chemical-pharmaceutical industries, wherever water with low oxygen content is required to assure high product quality and stability. The system is characterized by high operational reliability, simple functionality and low investments. Due to the carbonization of water, the unit is especially suitable for the production of carbonated beverages.
Advantages and functions
- Cold water deaeration by stripping with CO2
- Low residual oxygen values < 50 ppb
- Simultaneous carbonation of the water
- Low energy consumption
- Optional In-line oxygen analyzer, filtration or carbonization
- Hygienic design, full CIP capability
- Easy operation, low maintenance effort, long service life
- Fully automatic operation with standard PLC and touch panel
- Individually dimensioned and designed for each specific application
- Equipment and components according to customer specification
- Compact tubular-frame system (skid mounted)